– on Bill Gates comments on taxing robots: this is ridiculous; will the robot benefit in pensions or welfare?
– the idea that robots are a bad thing has always happened
– think about the inventions in Star Treck: the replicator; how many people did the replicator put out of work?
Our comments: It’s amazing how Bill just turned out so communist at an old age. While he was developing software and replacing all accountants or mathematicians and all other office workers with this tools, why wasn’t he proposing robots taxation back then? What’s different? Software “bots” replaced and will replace a lot more people than autonomous cars.
Schiff’s comparison with the wheel is genial. Bill Gates simply has a blue screen in his reasoning to come with such idea. I mean, such an idea coming from some liberal politician would not be considered so outrageous since we would not expect them to be smart or market oriented. But Gates?!? He was supposed to be smart!
– US is not going to miss a war (in Europe) just because it’s far;
– Europe has the smallest continent with 52 states all with “bad memories”;
– the Euro as currency will not survive;
– central banks are rediscovering inflation;
– Europe is a mess; 6 months we’ll have revolution in France and maybe Italy; this year is the beginning of the end for UE;
– in 6 months the dollar will be higher;
– China will devalue the yuan; their currencies reserves are draining; they can’t fight; they are in the bigger buggle in history;
– Trump is promising a quick fix; that can not happen!
– this gigantic bubble it’s gonna pop; they have a bubble in everything;
– investors should be in gold, foreign currencies, emerging markets;
German economy is based on high exports supported by the cheap euro currency. Trump has scared the sh*t out of the teutons with it’s future import tax. The most scarry for germans is that they do not know what Trump really wants to do. Second, they are scared that China and Mexico are not the only exporters into US that Trump has it’s eye upon.
Germans hope that since a trade war would have short term consequences for americans, Trump will talk the talk and walk the walk.